Welcome to Mahana School, Tasman, New Zealand
Our shared vision at Mahana School is to create a positive learning environment in partnership with our community, with a focus on developing academic, social, cultural, and physical excellence.
- A supportive environment where each child and their family is known to the teaching staff, their individual needs known and met.
- A diversity of ages within each classroom and the school which encourages friendship and support. It also provides opportunities for peer mentoring, and leadership.
- A motivated parent body and supportive rural community.
- A buddy system for all students.
- A special needs teacher aide for remedial and extension work.
- Reading recovery support.
- A large format LCD screen and laptops in each classroom – networked and with internet access.
- A modern library, swimming pool, and adventure playground.
- Sports, drama, music and other activities in conjunction with other schools in the Moutere Hills schools cluster.